Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Setting in Hoops by Walter Dean Myers

     In this blog post i want to talk about the setting right now in Hoops. Walter Dean Myers does an amazing job of describing every single thing that's going on not only in the main part of the scene but everything that is going on. The Book takes place in Harlem and is about a 17 year old who is in love with basketball and that is his favorite thing in life.
     In one scene that i just read Walter describes every single thing that is going on and he makes the image so clear to see in your head. When I'm reading this book i can picture it and it makes me feel like i am there in the book as it is all taking place. He is one of the best authors in my opinion at making sure the reader can feel part of the scene and really picture themselves in what is going on in the book.
     Some other authors do the same thing when im reading there books but I've read a good amount of Walter Dean Myer's book and for every single one of them after just a couple pages of reading i get sucked in. It's not JUST the setting but I feel it is a really big part of why i enjoy reading all of his books so much. I have never read one of his books and not been satisfied at the end of it. Most of the time im actually upset when the book is over because I have become so attached to the characters and the book its hard for me to put it down and move on to a different book.
     That's why i love the setting in this book so far and that's why i love Walter dean Myers as an author!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment